What do you need to know before applying for your Roof Replacement?
You may have secured your home for Roof Replacement, but you should know that it does not always protect you. There are some rules and laws that determine when insuring your home protects you from damage that the home may have suffered. Omega Roofing will help with some information that you need to know before applying for Insurance to pay for your Roof Replacement.
But what are they?
Your roof must have storm damage caused by extreme weather for your homeowner’s insurance to pay for a replacement. This extreme weather could be straight-line winds during heavy thunderstorms, hail storms, snowstorms, or tornados.
But is it that simple can Roofing Insurance pay fast?
But of course, you can still dream, remember that it is so easy to do roofing replacement with roofing insurance? Who likes to pay for you? None.
Some homeowners have the misconception their roof will be replaced quickly after filing a claim. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case.
The truth is, getting insurance to replace your storm-damaged roof is a long process.
Here is a list of some of the steps leading up to an insurance roof replacement:
- You’ll call your insurance company. [be happy]
- They send out an adjuster for an inspection. [You can cry]
- If approved by the adjuster, they’ll write up a claim. [roofing replacement]
- You’ll find a reputable roof contractor. [roofing insurance]
- They’ll go over the claim and supplement anything missing if needed. [roofing replacement]
- The supplemented claim will be sent back to the insurance company for approval. [The roofing war start officially with Roofing Insurance for Roofing Replacement]
- If approved, your roof replacement is ready to be scheduled. [ Good luck]
The steps above aren’t the exact process and vary based on your insurance company, policy, and even your roofing contractor. This list just demonstrates how much goes on behind the scenes once you file an insurance claim and that each phase of the process takes time.